MIM Safe Variocage Single - Crash Tested Dog Cage
MIM Safe Variocage Single
Mim safe Variocage is the only a crash-test certified and approved dog cage on the market and the most rigorously tested and proven dog transport cage in the world.
ISO 27955 | ECE R-17 | ECE R-44 | SPCT
Perfect Track Record of Safety for over a Decade.
14 Adjustable Sizes to Best Fit Most Cats, Dogs and Vehicles.
Locking Doors with Gas Hydraulic Motion Springs.
Built-In Key Lock for Security.
Padlock Mounting Tabs for Added Protection.
High-Quality Powder Coated Steel Construction.
Emergency Escape Hatch for Added Safety.
Built-In Crumple Zone Absorbs Impact.
Leash Hooks & Spill Proof Water Bowl Available as Accessories.
Installs Easily in Car with Load Tested Straps to Anchor Points.
No Modification to Vehicle Required
Variocage is designed and constructed to deliver the highest level of safety. The MIM Safe Variocage is the only dog cage on the market that is proven to best withstand impacts experienced during all types of collisions.
Protect yourself, your family and your pet from the devastating effects of a collision, where lesser restraints may allow your dog to become a deadly projectile within the vehicle.
Reduce the risks in a serious rear-end collision, where the Variocage mimics the function of the vehicle’s crumple-zones, greatly diminishing the possible injuries to your dog and passengers.
Don’t just take our word for it. The MIM Safe Variocage has been certified to meet or exceed stringent crash test safety standards established by the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe.
The Variocage comes in 4 adjustable models and 14 sizes; there is sure to be one that fits your vehicle and the needs of your dog.
Variocage includes a built-in key lock for security. In the event of an accident, a trapped dog can be released via the unique escape hatch. All Variocage models are equipped with tie-down straps for securing the cage to cargo anchor points. Safety locks with keys are also included. Additionally, all cages have the ability to be equipped with a comfortable crate pad designed to fit most Variocage models.
Why Mim Safe Variocage?
- MIM Safe Variocage is the only cage on the market today that has been crash tested for performance in both front and rear collisions. It has also been subjected to a drop test that simulates a vehicle rollover. The crash tests were conducted by the Technical Research Institute of Sweden. In all cases, the Variocage outperformed all other cages on the market and met or exceeded the safety standards applied by the testing organization.
- MIM Safe Variocage is adjustable. You can adjust to compensate for differences in vehicle cargo areas. This can be a great advantage if you need to change vehicles.
- Variocage includes a built-in key lock for security. Pet owners also have the ability to secure the cage with a padlock.
- MIM Safe Variocage features an escape hatch. This very important feature allows you to remove your dog from the vehicle after a collision in the event the cage or vehicle hatch will not open or if your keys are unavailable.
How does MIM Variocage Compare to others?
- The MIM Safe Variocage is constructed of steel with telescopic tubes and two individual parts for the floor and roof, which allows for adjustment of the cage length. This adjustable feature also benefits crash safety by working with the vehicle’s crumple zone. In a rear-end collision, the floors, ceilings and the telescopic tubes will be pushed together. This reduces the risk of injury for all vehicle passengers – canine and human.
- When MIM Safe crash-tested a regular steel cage with a solid frame, it broke the back seat. The MIM Safe Variocage has a crumple zone just like the car, which means that it will deform – just like your vehicle will – in reaction to a severe impact. This feature allows the rear seat to remain intact reducing the risk of injury to humans.
- The MIM Safe Variocage also reduces the risk of injury to your dog because it is designed to minimize puncture wounds and lacerations from the cage material.
- The structural integrity of Variocage prevents your dog from becoming a dangerous flying object, being thrown from the vehicle or escaping after an accident. The escape hatch allows you to easily remove your dog from the cage in the event that the rear cargo door cannot be opened.
Don’t Take the Chance
Traveling safely and responsibly with your pet is not just about reducing the risk of harm or fatal injury to your dog; it is about the safety of human occupants as well. You owe it to yourself, your passengers and your beloved pet to make everyone’s journey as safe as possible
Here are some helpful hints when measuring your dog for a MIM Safe Variocage.
Step A. Measure your Dog
Please note that it is important to measure your dog first before measuring your vehicle. Proper fit for your dog is vital to your dog's comfort and safety.
- Hold the measuring tape in one hand and place the free end at the front edge of your dog's nose pulling it straight back to the base of his tail. This will give you the length measurement for your dog.
- You will need to add three (3) inches to allow the dog room to turn around in the MIM Safe Variocage. Write it down.
- Place the tape at the top of the shoulder and measure down to the floor to get a proper height measurement.
- Add Three (3) inches to give the dog plenty of room if he wants to stand up. Write it down.
Be sure to estimate your dog's adult size if you order his crate while he is still growing. You can check his breed standard to get an estimate of what size he will reach at maturity to make sure your crate is large enough.
Proper measuring will assure that your pet can comfortably stand, sit, turn around, and lie down in his cage. You can always add a divider panel in the MIM Safe Variocage Double if necessary, and reserve the remaining space until your pet grows into it.
As a general rule, if you're not sure which size to select, choose a larger size.
Refer to the table below to while measuring your dog you can also print the PDF here
Step B MEASURING YOUR Vehicle
- Check to see if your car has a raised sill at the rear cargo entrance. If the sill is raised, you should put something flat under the cage so its doors can open correctly. We recommend rigid foam board insulation to avoid interference with your car's crumple zone. The floor of the cargo area should be flat.
- Measure the narrowest area across the floor of the cargo area. (Note: The narrowest area is often between the wheel wells or at the bottom of the cargo door entrance.) Write it down.
- Measure the usable length of the cargo floor from the back seat to the cargo door (Note: The front & back of the cage are angled to maximize room for the dog(s) at the floor level.) Write it down.
- Measure the height from the cargo floor to the top center of the cargo door entrance (Note: Measure from the top center of the door frame straight down to the floor, not at an angle.) Write it down. Reference image below and print PDF Here.
You can reference the Variocage Dimensions guide for MIMsafe Veriocage variations Here
Items typically ship within 1 business day from receipt of your order.
We often ship the same day for orders received by Noon EST.
All products are shipped out of Grandview, MO.
All Warranty Replacement Parts are shipped out of Stone Ridge, NY or Hurley, NY.
Proof of Delivery
Please note that we ship all items valued over $300 with a "Signature Required" when using our FedEx Ground Account.
If you want "Signature Required" waived we must know before the item is shipped since the “Signature Required” status cannot be changed or removed once an item ships.
If an item ships without a “Signature Required,” we will accept the FedEx Delivery Confirmation as proof of delivery.
Please note that we will not replace lost items at no cost that have a Proof of Delivery from FedEx.
Please notify us immediately of any damage claims.
We require the customer to keep all damaged items and the original packaging to process their claim.
We require photos of the packaging and damages.
We also require a picture of the serialized ID plate if the damaged item is a Variocage.
4x4 North America, Inc. will handle all damage claims
4x4 North America, Inc. warranties 100% customer satisfaction